Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate is safe for keratin-treated hair. You want to avoid Sodium Laurel Sulfate (SLS) and Sodium Chloride if you've had a keratin treatment (or any color or chemical treatments), as it is known to strip hair and the treatments. Our products are free from SLS and Sodium Chloride, and are safe for keratin and other hair treatments. We have many customers who use our products specifically because they are safe and work great with keratin treated hair. Just to give you some context, though Sodium Laurel Sulfate, Sodium Chloride and Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate look and sound very similar, they are not the same. Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate is a natural product, made from coconut oil, and is derived from sarcosine, a natural amino acid found in the human body and just about every type of biological material from animals to plants. Sodium lauroyl sarcosinate is only similar to sodium lauryl sulfate in that they’re both surfactants, but that’s about where it ends. A comprehensive safety assessment published in the International Journal of Toxicology deemed that sodium lauroyl sarcosinate was not expected to be potentially toxic or harmful, and had no mutagenic, irritating, or sensitizing effects. We chose sodium lauroyl sarcosinate because it’s very mild, but also very effective. What’s more, it’s included in the Handbook of Green Chemicals and is also Whole Foods Premium Body Care approved — two stamps of approval that validate our confidence in the safety and sustainability of this ingredient. I hope this helps! Please feel free to reach out to us directly with any other questions you have at firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles in this section
- Best Tips and FAQs User Guide for Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner
- Ingredients List for Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner
- Do you have International Shipping on Amazon?
- Is this sodium free?
- Does this set help prevent hair fall and thinning hair...i have lots of hair loss on my fine color treated hair
- Does this product have eucalyptus in it?
- I need color safe product(s) to help with oil control. What combo would you recommend?
- Is this safe on keratin treatment straight permed hair, is it anti-dandruff and is it both of men and women?
- Is Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate safe for keratin treated hair or too harsh?
- Hair loss caused by hair products